Empower Women Through the Clothes in Your Closet
Do you have clothes that are barely worn or may even have tags hanging? Uncommon Threads is the perfect place to feel good about parting ways with your new or “like new” clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories. It will feel great to know that your clothes will be loved and appreciated by another woman.
Uncommon Threads Client Boutique
Because Uncommon Threads promotes dignity and respect, we are looking for stylish attire in new or nearly new condition. Your beautiful donations will give low-income women the tools to build self-esteem and self-worth.
What We Accept
(all must be in-style/current and in new or nearly new condition)
- Women’s dresses, jackets, tops, pants, jeans, and skirts in all sizes, including plus
- Camisoles, tanks, and plain t-shirts in basic colors such as black, white, gray, navy, and cream
- Current season outerwear- coats, jackets, windbreakers, and raincoats
- Shoes (heels and flats), fashion boots, and sneakers
- Handbags (always a huge need!)
- Fashion scarves and hats
- New underwear, shapewear, tights, socks, and bras. Please note that panties, socks, tights, and shapewear must be new, but bras can be gently worn.
- Leggings—new or in excellent condition
- PJs, nightgowns, slippers, and robes
- New makeup, skin and hair care products, and nail polish
Feel like purchasing a few items to help us restock? Here’s our wish-list:
What We Cannot Accept
Because of the focus of our mission and limited storage capacity, we simply cannot accept everything. We hope these links are helpful for locating organizations that may accept these items.
- Women’s business suits, pant suits, new panty hose – Dress for Success Boston
- Men’s clothing - Lazarus House
- Well-worn shoes, snow and rain boots - Lazarus House
- Underwear, socks, and bathing suits that are not new - Lazarus House
- Prom dresses, wedding attire, and special occasion shoes – North Shore Fairy Godmother and Anton’s Belle of the Ball
- Maternity and baby clothes - Pregnancy Care Center
- Children’s and Teen clothing – Community Giving Tree
- Household goods – Project Home Again
Take a peek at the video below to learn more about donating.
Designer Donations for Uncommon Closet
What about that Michael Kors handbag or Tiffany bracelet you’re ready to part with? These valuable pieces can generate badly needed funding for Uncommon Threads!
Uncommon Closet is a social enterprise that sells new and nearly new designer labels such as Prada, Coach, Kate Spade, Eileen Fisher, DVF, St. John, Tory Burch, and much more! All proceeds go to support Uncommon Threads services and programs.
Please support Uncommon Threads by donating your designer pieces. All donations are tax-deductible, and you’ll feel good about giving back!
How to Donate
Donations are currently accepted by appointment only.
Contact our Donation Manager for guidance on our current needs and instructions for curbside drop off. Given our limited storage space, we ask that you limit each donation drop-off to approximately 4 shopping bags (in addition to designer items for Uncommon Closet).
60 Island Street, Suite 150
Lawrence, MA 01840
Uncommon Threads reserves the right to use donations at Uncommon Closet or Uncommon Threads.